Vehicle manufacturers, module suppliers and backoffice editors willing to get ITxPT label for their products have to follow this process.
Tests are dedicated to technical compliance, but not to evaluation of functional performance.
Note that related fees may apply according to the level of membership.
1 Application form
First step in ITxPT labeling process is fill the ITxPT label application form.
ITxPT laboratory answers to applications within a week-time.
Open the Application Form here.
The preliminary step consists in providing documentation related to the unit to label.
- Vehicles: diagrams, CAO views, pictures…
- Modules (hardware or software): datasheet, user manual, and EC declarations, E-marking statement when applicable
- Backoffices: implementation choice, selected profile.
3 Preliminary tests (optional)
For module suppliers and backoffice editors, preliminary tests with ITxPT laboratory can be performed to help in fine tuning the module software before final tests (next step).
Such preliminary tests can be performed remotly. ITxPT technical platform booking is mandatory for such remote access.
4 Final tests
Final tests are performed by ITxPT Laboratory in a secured and monitored environment:
- Vehicles: once ready, the vehicle is checked on manufacturer site by ITxPT Laboratory. Tests are run with ITxPT mobile laboratory tools to check the compliance with the ITxPT specifications
- Modules (hardware or software): once ready, the module is installed on the ITxPT platform located in Paris. Iterative tests are run to check the compliance with the ITxPT specifications
- Backoffices: once ready, the backoffice must be is connected to the ITxPT platform on scheduled time. Iterative tests are run to check the compliance with the ITxPT specifications
5 Report and label
Once all tests have been run, a test reportis delivered by ITxPT.
The test templatesdescribe the test report used to validate the compliance with the related specification.
These templates can be found in test template section(access restricted to Principal and Strategic members).
Reports include the list of testsrun in step 4, for which a result is generated for each line:
- not compliant
- not tested
- not applicable
The ITxPT labelcan be applied to vehicles, modules (hardware or software) or backoffices, provided that:
- they comply with ITxPT specifications,
- they comply with TS13149 (modules),
- they comply with SIRI, NeTEx, TiGR (backoffices)
- they have been tested by ITxPT Laboratory,
- a related test report has been delivered by ITxPT Laboratory.
Vehicle manufacturers, module suppliers or backoffice editors who have successfully received the report and have been granted the ITxPT label are entitled to apply the label logo on their tested units and be included in the ITxPT catalogue.
Full label guidelines and related label source file are available for download here:
6 Declaration of change (optional)
In case of an update of a labeled unit, either linked to an ITxPT specification new release or to a supplier new feature, the supplier must fill in a declaration of change. This declaration of change lists in details the impacts of change compared to the label report.
Use the online Declaration of change form to declare a change on a labeled unit.
7 Declaration of change evaluation
The ITxPT laboratory checks the declarations of change and can propose either to start a new label process or to update the label report, depending on the impacts of the change regarding the tolerance frame.