ITxPT 2.0 Released!
Published on 22 November 2017
ITxPT Technical Specification 2.0 is now released. The parts S03 – Back-office architecture and S04 – Over the Air (OtA) architecture were approved on the 21 November and complete the releases of S01- Installation Requirements and S02- Onboard…
SKÅNETRAFIKEN, EGIS RAIL, FOURC AND SPEC ARE NEW ITXPT MEMBERS
Published on 16 November 2017
ITxPT welcomes new Associated Members: Skånetrafiken, Egis Rail, FourC and SPEC
FÄLTCOM, HANOVER AND URBANTHINGS ARE NEW ITXPT MEMBERS
Published on 23 October 2017
ITxPT welcomes new members: FältCom, Hanover and UrbanThings
ACTIA’s Ethernet Switchs Automotive AES.2 to receive ITxPT label
Published on 20 October 2017
ACTIA PCs launches AES.2, a range of Ethernet Switchs Automotive, which have received ITxPT label. These products are designed for the transportation industry and facilitate the installation operations inside technical cabinets. Moreover, they…
Interoperability of IT systems on buses: ITxPT at the London EBSF_2 Demonstration Event
Published on 18 October 2017
Within the European Bus System of the Future 2 project (EBSF_2), ITxPT collaborates with UITP, Transport for London (TfL) and other partners to test a standardised on-board IT system for all buses. On 19 September 2017 a demonstration event of…
The ITxPT Initiative is currently being set up by its Founding Members together with UITP, the International Association for Public Transport, following their agreement to further cooperate on the implementation of a working standard for plug-and-play IT-systems applied to public transport. An integrated test-bench offers services to specify, test, qualify and showcase IT solutions.
The IT architecture developed in the European Bus System of the Future project has paved the way to cost effective deployment of digital systems on board public transport vehicles and for backoffice applications, securing open environment and constant competition. This standard IT architecture for Public Transport specifies communication protocols and hardware interfaces to offer a full interoperability of IT systems in PT applications. Based on open technology, it gives the possibility to operators and organizing authorities to use public transport data anywhere in Europe through common mechanisms, standard rules and protocols. As from now, parts of these IT architecture specifications are included in CEN TS13149 standard which is in the scope of CEN TC278WG3SG1 standardization group. This IT architecture is suitable for buses, coaches and tramways.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ITXPT INITIATIVE
The mission of the ITxPT Initiative is to support the deployment of standards and practices for onboard plug-and-play of IT-systems for public transport and the relevant back-office features. The ITxPT Initative leads a joint effort to feed, support, promote and contribute to the evolution of the standard TS13149 parts 7/8/9. It will work closely with the CEN/CENELEC standardization group by providing returns of experiences from technical implementations on the ITxPT platform.
The ITxPT Initiative Members will have access to the ITxPT platform to test their devices and applications in real operational conditions, supporting the uptake of this plug-and-play solution. By limiting the risks during the integration stage, these tests will facilitate the deployment process in operation.
The ITxPT Initiative Members cooperate with the purpose of:
- Support the ITS purchasers, e.g. Public Transport Operators and Public Transport Authorities with the necessary specifications in order to achieve certified Plug and Play functionality when they purchase IT-systems for Public Transport use
- Share experience and best practices of the plug-and-play standard for public transport
- Support the evolution of the working standard towards its adoption within international common mechanisms, standard rules and protocols
- Maintain in operating conditions the testbench and implementing new evolutions and implementations
- Specify, test, qualify and showcase IT solutions on the testbench
- Cooperate in dedicated Working Groups and contribute to the Initiative's Members knowledge and expertise
- Coordinate the Initiative's Members submissions to the standardization process
- Provide a common strategy and implement policy actions on ITxPT issues