ITxPT and cyber security
Published on 03 July 2017
ITxPT community is highly concerned by this critical topic, and decided in 2017 to setup a Working Group to address it.
Welcome to new ITxPT members!
Published on 26 June 2017
ITxPT membership continues to grow in 2017, with with the recent addition of Orange Business Services and Stockholm County Council (SLL).
Open IT architecture at the UITP Summit
Published on 18 May 2017
From 15 to 17 June, Montréal hosted the biggest biennial public transport event, UITP 2017 Global Public Transport Summit. With more than 2500 delegates from 84 countries, it was a unique event that covered all urban and regional transport modes.…
ITxPT labels the first on-board device for Public Transport vehicles
Published on 17 May 2017
ITxPT is an association open to Public Transport stakeholders developing applied standards for interoperable “plug-and-play” onboard and back-office IT-systems for public transport. The first device to be tested for compliance and to acquire…
ITxPT to showcase the deployment of IT standards at UITP Summit!
Published on 08 May 2017
ITxPT will be present at the UITP Summit taking place from 15 to 17 May in Montréal, Canada. At the stand no. 5H100, you will be able to meet ITxPT Secretary General, Anders Selling, and Exploitation Manager, Emmanuel de Verdalle, who will be…
The ITxPT Initiative is currently being set up by its Founding Members together with UITP, the International Association for Public Transport, following their agreement to further cooperate on the implementation of a working standard for plug-and-play IT-systems applied to public transport. An integrated test-bench offers services to specify, test, qualify and showcase IT solutions.
The IT architecture developed in the European Bus System of the Future project has paved the way to cost effective deployment of digital systems on board public transport vehicles and for backoffice applications, securing open environment and constant competition. This standard IT architecture for Public Transport specifies communication protocols and hardware interfaces to offer a full interoperability of IT systems in PT applications. Based on open technology, it gives the possibility to operators and organizing authorities to use public transport data anywhere in Europe through common mechanisms, standard rules and protocols. As from now, parts of these IT architecture specifications are included in CEN TS13149 standard which is in the scope of CEN TC278WG3SG1 standardization group. This IT architecture is suitable for buses, coaches and tramways.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ITXPT INITIATIVE
The mission of the ITxPT Initiative is to support the deployment of standards and practices for onboard plug-and-play of IT-systems for public transport and the relevant back-office features. The ITxPT Initative leads a joint effort to feed, support, promote and contribute to the evolution of the standard TS13149 parts 7/8/9. It will work closely with the CEN/CENELEC standardization group by providing returns of experiences from technical implementations on the ITxPT platform.
The ITxPT Initiative Members will have access to the ITxPT platform to test their devices and applications in real operational conditions, supporting the uptake of this plug-and-play solution. By limiting the risks during the integration stage, these tests will facilitate the deployment process in operation.
The ITxPT Initiative Members cooperate with the purpose of:
- Support the ITS purchasers, e.g. Public Transport Operators and Public Transport Authorities with the necessary specifications in order to achieve certified Plug and Play functionality when they purchase IT-systems for Public Transport use
- Share experience and best practices of the plug-and-play standard for public transport
- Support the evolution of the working standard towards its adoption within international common mechanisms, standard rules and protocols
- Maintain in operating conditions the testbench and implementing new evolutions and implementations
- Specify, test, qualify and showcase IT solutions on the testbench
- Cooperate in dedicated Working Groups and contribute to the Initiative's Members knowledge and expertise
- Coordinate the Initiative's Members submissions to the standardization process
- Provide a common strategy and implement policy actions on ITxPT issues